10 Hr Complete Kiteboard Lesson: Master the Water
- Price: $1099.00
10 Hr Complete Kiteboard Lesson: Master the Water Info
Master the Water is our most recommended Package. These lessons will start the student with the basics and show them how to be a proficient/independent kiteboarder.
Lessons are the only way to get you up and start Kiteboarding quickly and safely. The average person requires about 6-10 hours of lessons to get up on a Kiteboard and be an independent ready to purchase the equipment.
During your lessons Jupiter Kiteboarding provides all of the latest equipment for the lessons, safety gear and one-on-one instruction with one of our certified/professional instructors.
We offer lessons 7 days a week, all lessons are wind a weather dependent, and we need the appropriate conditions to Kitebaord and teach.
Call the Shop for info on scheduling, 561-427-0240.
***The skills acheived in the amount of time given is an estimate, We do our best, and cannot guarantee the program goes 100% as shown below, this will depend on every individual. Below is just a guide line. We can do 1-3 hour sessions per day depending on your endurance and willingness!***
Master the Water 10 hour lesson plan:
This lessons plan is to get you through the first steps of being an independent Kiteboarder. We will teach you the fundamentals needed to get you on track to being a pro! We want to be sure you learn everything that is needed to be able to get out there on your own safely, and with this MASTER THE WATER program you will learn what it takes to be a Full on kiteboard master!
This includes basics of kite flying including: Everything you will need to become your own kiteboarder ready to purchase your equipment and practice solo!
First 2 hours:
- Determine wind direction
- Kite set up: how to pump, walk with kite & connect lines
- Learn about wind window
- First Flights in neutral positions
- Twist and untwist lines
- Release bar and use safety release and safety leash
- Kite recover on land ( Self rescue)
- Learning full Wind Window, clock positions, power zone, launching and landing areas.
- Launching and landing with an assistant and as an assistant.
- Power zone discovery without power
- Pilot in harness with one hand
- 1st assisted Body drag, going downwind on right and left side
Second set of 2 hours.
- Set up the equipment solo, with little assistance
- Prepare for launch
- Kite water re-launch
- One hand Upwind body dragging for board recovery
- Body drag with the board
- Down wind power stoked
- Board start explanation and theory
- Possible first water starts
Third set of 2 hours.
- Putting the board on your feet and maintaining position
- Short stands and stops
- First short rides on both sides
- Controlled stops
- Consistent rides
- Self landing and launching
Last 4 hours:
- Refining all the basics up till riding
- Fine tuning your riding
- Holding your edge while riding
- Working on up wind riding
- First transition attempts
- Consistently riding in both directions without sinking, and coming back up wind.
* Our instructors recommend flying a trainer kite previous to taking a lesson, or after taking the Discovery lesson. To get a basic knowledge of the wind and wind window. Inquire in the shop or with your instructor about getting your training kite today.
Trainer Kites are smaller kites that will teach you about the wind window and weather conditions. To fly a trainer kite, it is not necessary to have a full private lesson. Although it is not required to fly a trainer kite previous to taking a lesson, individuals that have flown trainer kites advance much more quickly during lessons.
*Once you have a purchased a lesson we will call you to schedule an appointment.